Pastor’s Communiqué Spring 2010
Greetings to my precious church family,
I am writing this “spring” letter with much snow still on the ground and almost two weeks before the official start of the new season. Winters can be long and wearisome, but then comes spring! New stuff, new smells, green grass, short sleeves, and sometimes even a better attitude. Did you ever notice that most people smile more in spring as the temperatures rise, the sun comes out and the days get longer? There are so many scriptures about newness and God making things new. II Corinthians 5:17 is one of my favorites; “If any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things become new”. The scriptures tell us that God does not recycle but makes new things. He can do that! If you are anything like me you could use some new stuff. How about a new heart, or perspective, or hunger for the word, or love for your spouse, family, and friends? This is what our Lord does so well and something we could never do! The season of spring reminds me of this. I am smiling just thinking about it. Spring, bring it on God, I am ready for some new stuff.
- I want to remind you that this Sunday we will be receiving a special offering to encourage and bless those from among us going to Russia and India this summer. It was by design that you did not receive a letter from all 18 individuals who are going. This is a one time offering and will be equally divided among all participants. “If you sow bountifully you will reap bountifully”. Let’s generously sow into these lives on Sunday and reap a harvest of servants willing to do anything and go anywhere for God because he takes care of His own!
- I will be on vacation beginning Monday the 15th of March. Rev. Bob Richardson, our sectional presbyter will be ministering the word on Sunday, March 21st.
- March 28th is our next Sunday night praise gathering. Mark it down and join us for this refreshing time in His presence.
- March 28th is also the grand opening for our new café!! Yea!! I know it’s about time! More details coming. The new name is…
- Easter is right around the corner (April 4th) which means our teens are heading to convention at the War Memorial. Let’s remember to pray for Pastor John and Caity, the youth leadership team, and all of our teenagers who will be attending. Also, some special items concerning Easter, we will be having a short sunrise service at 7:30am followed by a brunch at 8:15 and all are welcome. Bring your family and friends; there will be plenty of food for everyone. This is a free event, sponsored by men’s ministries. See Ernie Vickery if you would like to help serve.
- Doctrine class is starting next week (March 20th). This half-day seminar is for everyone and anyone. It is a must for new members and those wanting to serve in any leadership capacity. Come check out what we believe and dive into the Word with us!
- Water Baptism is coming up on April 8th, which is a Thursday. If you love Jesus and have never been water baptized this is your opportunity to be blessed! Sign up before or after service on Sunday or Thursday or you can call the office and we will sign you up. All those being water baptized will meet with me at 6:15pm the evening of the baptism for class.
- New Members class is starting again. This is a six week class with Pastor Lou beginning on April 18th at 9am in Chapel six. This class is for all those interested in membership. Come and get to know me and my heart for ministry better. I look forward to spending time with you.
- This summer we will be having Mega Sports Camp once again for our 4-11 year olds. At this point we are looking for volunteers for this ministry. Please be praying for our children’s ministries, especially as we look toward summer.
Many things are happening as we get ready for spring. Remember our prayer meetings on the first three Tuesdays of every month. There are other special times set up for prayer as well, including before our morning service on Sunday beginning at 9:30 and ending at 9:50. We purpose in our heart as a church to “give”, “go”, and PRAY! Do not forget to turn your clocks ahead this Saturday night. I enjoy being your Pastor and I appreciate your prayers and encouragement.
PLEASE NOTE* If you have an email address that we could use to communicate with you, please email the church office at email@example.com and let us know!*